What We Do
Having graduated from Durham University, she has worked in Durham, Stockton and North Yorkshire Local Authorities. She is currently Head Teacher at a large Redcar & Cleveland primary school that has 3 Support Base classrooms with up to 25 commissioned places for children with a range of additional SEND needs. Her current school has a very strong SEMHW offer with a team dedicated to removing social, emotional, mental health and wellbeing barriers to learning. Throughout her career she has actively sought out different experiences that have impacted on her personal growth and development. This varied experience has given her a good understanding of how different factors (social deprivation, different social, cultural & economic backgrounds, family circumstances (LAC)) impact on an individual’s experience of learning. She has worked as a class room teacher, SENCO, Assistant Head, Deputy Head and is currently working as a Head Teacher.
Areas of Expertise
- Early years: data analysis, transition, observation, child centered 'In the Moment' planning,
- Impact of SEMHW on learning and how to reduce the barriers through - parental engagement, therapeutic interventions, pupil voice, Boxhall Profiling (Assessment)
- Teaching & Learning – has taught all Primary age groups/Key Stages including mixed year groups/key stages
- Experience of working with children from different contexts and removing barriers to learning – traveller, disadvantaged etc.
- Parent engagement
- Developing Performance through to Capability procedures - has worked all the way through to tribunal stage
- Working with/engaging different stakeholders
Examples of outreach work undertaken and impact.
Secondment: Executive Head Teacher - Federation of three Primary Schools (OFSTED judgement – Requires Improvement)
- Teaching & Learning
- Staff – redundancy/restructuring/performance management
- All Safeguarding policies and procedures in place
- Accurate SEF in place that was evidenced by secure data sets and monitoring
- SDP – accurate identification of school priorities focused on raising standards
- Full restructure implemented